McTavishing Workshop with Cheryl Schenck
Saturday, March 25, 2017, 1:00 to 4:00 pm
Learn this dynamic, organic quilting technique designed by Karen McTavish! You will learn several variations of the style. Previous machine quilting experience is recommended. (The confidence-building class held in the morning is sufficient.)
- Book: Mastering the Art of McTavishing, by Karen McTavish (optional but recommended)
- Several (at least five, but more is better) quilt sandwiches, fat quarter size (approximately 18 x 22), with muslin or white fabric and good quality cotton batting. These do not have to be basted.
- Thread to match your fabric. Recommended brands include Aurifil, Mettler, or King Tut.
- Quilting gloves (recommended)
- Sewing machine in good working order, with extension table, if possible)
- Free motion foot
- Machine needles — Schmetz quilting size 75/11 (or 90/14 if you’re using thicker thread)
- Water soluble marking pen
- Paper and pen/pencil for practice
Cheryl Schenck started quilting in 2003 and jumped into the deep in shortly thereafter. She has had quilts hang at several shows, including Quilt Expo and the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival. She is a certified TuffetSource affiliate as well as a certified McTavishing instructor. Her love of quilting is rooted in color and texture and she enjoys sharing her love of quilting with beginners as well as seasoned quilters.