This Workshop is Full.
Bright Lights, Big City
Double Wedding Ring Quilt Workshop
Victoria Findlay Wolfe
Saturday, July 28, 2018 - Sunday, July 29, 2018
9:30 am - 4:00 pm (Saturday)
9:00 am - 3:30 pm (Sunday)
Learn Paper Piecing and many helpful tips for curved piecing to make this “Big Mama” of a Double Wedding Ring quilt. We will play with techniques for design variations, including designs from quilts, Bright Lights, Big City
(p.36), Strings of Florid Blooms
(p.48), and Retro Poly Mod
(p. 44), found in the book – Double Wedding Rings: Traditions Made Modern
, by Victoria Findlay Wolfe (C&T Publishing).
- Double Wedding Rings: Traditions Made Modern Book $22 (recommended to have for class)
- Variety of Fabrics (14"x14" scraps, fat quarters and half yard cuts work great for this quilt) To create my 90x90” Bright Lights, Big City quilt, I used about 15 yards.
- FABRIC NOTE: Select a color way to build a collection of fabrics to work with. To create the movement and excitement of this quilt, lots of supporting fabrics are used. Be sure to include contrasting colors so paper piecing points will stand out. This is a scrap quilt, so the more fabrics you bring, the better your quilt will look!
- Sewing machine, cord, and foot pedal
- Rotary cutters: Smaller size rotaries work better for cutting curves - 28mm
- Cutting mat: 24” x 36”
- Seam ripper
- All your basic sewing equipment
- For your design wall: Batting or felt to lay out your design, and to carry it home in. (at least 40”x80”)
Victoria Findlay Wolfe is a New York City-based Award winning quilter,
designer and author of 15 Minutes of Play: Improvisational Quilts; Double Wedding Ring Quilts: Traditions Made Modern; and Modern Quilt Magic: 5 Parlor Tricks to Expand Your Piecing Skills
(C&T publishing). Her work has been exhibited, written about, and featured on TV shows such as Sewing with Nancy, Quilting Arts, The Quilt Show and Fresh Quilting.
Victoria has exhibited at the WMQFA, taught here multiple times, and serves on the museum’s Curatorial Advisory Board. Her quilt Double Edged Love, won Best in Show at the first QuiltCon in Austin, Texas, 2013.
This Workshop is Full.
- $275 per student
- Kit fee of $57 (paid directly to Victoria on day of workshop)